The Big Living Room Reveal

This is it, over 7 months since we began our living room remodel, the reveal we've all been waiting for, our living room before and after!
 
Pin It 
I toured you through the brown drab that we started with, I showed you all the changes we implemented in the room, and I even posted an update or two. I haven't posted much about the remodel since because I've been waiting, waiting, waiting until things were almost perfect, but now, with big smiles, I am more than ready to show off beginning to end. You may be shocked by the changes along the way.


We've actually had the major parts and pieces complete for quite some time, but it seems like lately more and more finishing touches keep coming together. We have even bought a new kitchen table and inherited a wingback chair since these before and after photos were taken. One day I’ll have to show you through all of our favorite pieces that make this room so special. For now, I'm just thankful to finally be sharing the before and afters.

I can't wait to share more updates as we finish more rooms and add more decor to the house. If you missed any of our earlier renovation work, check out some of the related posts below:


Link Parties: Show Off Your Stuff Party: Fireflies and Jellybeans, DIY Thrifty Thursday: Thrifty 101, Transformation Thursday: The Shabby Creek Cottage, It’s a Hodgepodge Friday: It’s a Hodgepodge Life, Shine on Fridays: One Artsy Mama, Feature Friday: Blissful and Domestic, Feature Yourself Friday: Fingerprints on the Fridge, Weekend Wrap Up: Tatertots and Jello, Show and Tell Saturday: Be Different, Act Normal, Wicked Awesome Wednesday: Handy Man, Crafty Woman, Whatever Goes Wednesday: Someday Crafts, Remodaholic Link Party

8 comments:

  1. Wow!! What an amazing difference!! I love it! Julia @ www.juliakendrick.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressive!!! Its better than some of the shows I see on TV.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you turned that recessed cabinet into a niche! Also love the wine cork art...did you make it yourselves?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Actually, we did make that ourselves a couple of summers ago, inspired by a small piece I saw in a wine cellar. I've made a couple of different versions, including a longhorn - http://potspansandpaintbrushes.blogspot.com/2012/02/2010-and-2011-art-in-review.html.

      Delete
  4. Looks so much better. It is amazing what taking out that little bit of the walls going into the dining room can do to open a space!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing change! You just took 50+ years off the house! Love the colors too, everything is so bright and happy. Great job Kendra, thank you so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did you paint the brick wall? I have a lava rock wall I am thinking of painting as it is too dark. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. We love comments and kudos!

Popular Posts