Considering I was knee deep in wedding planning at the time, I had no doubt I'd find some sort of use for them, and sure enough, I did. Low and behold, burlap-wrapped vases.
My grandmother soaked the bottles in a bucket of soap and water to clean away the gunk and labels. We then cut 2.5" x 8.5" strips of burlap and wrapped and hot glued them around the bottles.
They were indeed used at my wedding as well as several other occasions since, including my cousin's baby shower and a work wedding shower. Just throw a single daisy or other simple flower in them, and voila, decor.
So if you or someone you know is a Starbucks bottled frappuccino drinker, add this DIY project to your list.
- DIY Thrifty Thursday: Thrifty 101
- Show Off Your Stuff: Fireflies and Jellybeans
- A Crafty Soiree: Katie's Nesting Spot
- It's a Hodge Podge Friday
- Shine on Fridays: One Artsy Mama
- Feature Friday: Blissful and Domestic
- Show & Tell Saturday: Be Different, Act Normal
- Saturday Nite Special: Funky Junky
- Weekend Wrap Up Party: Tatertots & Jello
- Made by you Monday: Skip to my Lou
- Craft-O-Maniac Mondays
- Frugal Craft Home Blog Hop: Sneaky Spoons
- Take a Look Tuesday: Sugar Bee Crafts
- Tuesday Craft Confessional: Crafty Confessions
- Trash to Treasure Tuesday: Kammy's Korner
- Get Your Craft On: Today's Creative Blog
- Whatever Goes Wednesday: Someday Crafts
- Pin Me Link Party: Diana Rambles