PYRC #31: Homemade Taco Seasoning

For my new visitors, PYRC stands for "Pinterest Yummy Recipe Challenge" and is my effort to cook through my Pinterest Yummy Recipes board. I started over a year ago with mushroom soup, and since then I've cooked my way through 31 blog posts, which includes more than 50 recipes. For today, I'm sharing homemade taco seasoning.

Pin It

I can truly say that this one is simple.

  • 1 part garlic powder
  • 1 part onion powder
  • 1 part chili powder
  • 1 part cumin
  • 1/2 part crushed red pepper

(I used 1/2 tablespoon measurements as my "1 part.")

Since I'm not a really a taco maker, maybe one day when there is more than two of us in the house, I decided to use this recipe for my favorite taco soup. I had all the ingredients on hand except taco seasoning so the moment was opportune.


I sampled the seasoning before I added it into the soup, and it tasted just like taco seasoning to me, minus all the salt. But to be more accurate, someone who cooks tacos all the time needs to try this for me and compare - Mom?

Thank you $5 Dinners for sharing this recipe. Now I can scratch taco seasoning packets off my grocery list... permanently.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. We love comments and kudos!

Popular Posts