Redi Arch: An Arch Window Shade Solution

Believe it or not, we don't have too many windows in our house, and of the four full-size windows we do have, all four have arches.


Pin It

So how do you add window coverings to arches? Well, you can pay a lot of money to have custom ones made or you can just cover up the window with standard rectangular blinds and curtains like our previous homeowners did.

They were so kind as to leave us ALL of the curtains. I mean, my Memaw thought they were great! Lol.

But if you don't want to spend very much money or you don't want to rig curtains (I really debated this one), there is a very affordable solution from Home Depot called Redi Arch.


These guys cost about $20 each, and while not necessarily a permanent fix (I can only imagine how crinkled they'd look over time with wear and tear), they more than do the trick for an affordable solution. Installing them is quite easy too, if you do not over think it and follow the directions step-by-step from the box (yes, all four steps).


"I can do it" me totally botched my second window arch by not following directions, so I had to go to the store and buy another. And no, I didn't mess up because it was hard. I messed up because I decided to do it my own way and was not consistent between effort one and effort two.


However, a normal person who reads the box should have no problem.

Step 1: Measure the height of the window arch.


Step 2: Using the ruler located conveniently on the box, cut the shade to the height of the arch. Don’t worry if the cut is not perfect because it will not even matter. Also, don’t measure with your own ruler because the measuring guide correctly compensates an inch.


Step 3: Peel tape from one side, place that side in holder with the cut side facing in, remove tape from other side, and then fan out the shade. By placing the cut side in, your edges will be nice and clean.


Step 4: Position holder on window sill where preferred.


And that is all there is to it! It should be simple, and anyone should be able to handle it. I am more than happy to now have this to-do checked off of my list, and I am more than disappointed that this wasn’t completed months ago. But nonetheless, creepers beware, our windows are covered!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. We love comments and kudos!

Popular Posts