New Blog Design

After venting about how frustrated I've been the past year with my blog design, I finally committed to a new concept.

 Pin It

Whatcha think? It's been a long time coming, to say the least. I've brainstormed and drafted and designed, yet continued to scrap everything I created. Logos just aren't really my thing.

Here is my original design that was replaced with the current look.


I actually liked this next one - more the hand-written font than the chevron pattern - but thought it looked a little too young.


Below is one of my faves. I have another version of it that I contemplated too. I almost implemented it, BUT then we decided it was a little too modern for my mish mash blog. I may have to re-purpose it one day for another brand.  



Then, in my head, patterned letters were going to be the way to go. Not so much. Did not work at all.



And after I finally created something I liked, I tried for a very long time to incorporate an added paint stroke, but I just couldn't get it quite right and liked the simpler version much more.



The fun part was actually learning all kinds of new tips and tricks in Photoshop and Illustrator.


I struggled defining a style that appropriately reflected the style of my blog, but I think I've taken a step in the right direction. I also debated whether I should really leave "Pots and Pans" out of my header, especially since my blog name is Pots, Pans and Paintbrushes, but I liked the idea of a shorter and sweeter name and figured it'd catch on eventually. Most importantly, I am proud of myself for actually committing and getting over the fact that it's not perfect. One step at a time. For now, I'll just stamp it with a big "work in progress."

Lastly, forgive me for formatting on old posts, and new ones, as I continue to develop my style. This year has been quite the learning curve and filtering back through the past year's posts was quite interesting.

Would love your feedback!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kendra! I'm partial to the headers that contain the words "Pots and Pans."

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. We love comments and kudos!

Popular Posts