PYRC #5: Avocado Deviled Eggs and Cream Cheese Sausage Balls

Wednesday I introduced you to the spread I made for Tiffany's shower so today I'm going to actually begin sharing the recipes. As mentioned, two out of my four shower recipes came from none other than Pinterest - the avocado deviled eggs and cream cheese sausage balls. Considering these are more party recipes than dinner recipes, Tiff's shower was perfect excuse to give them a try.

Avocado Deviled Eggs

According to Kelly Long, these were the "best deviled eggs ever!" I have actually have never made deviled eggs before nor did I even try them until after I turned 20, so I don't really think I am the best judge to make that call. And that's aside from the fact that eating them after "taste cooking" them all morning kind of invalidated my opinion. The recipe is so easy though and as long as you have one or two ripe avocados on hand, you can add a great twist to your deviled eggs. 


If you'd like to give the recipe a try, check it out here at Eating Well... Living Thin.
Cream Cheese Sausage Balls

Ok, so the name is a tad bit deceiving. Cream cheese is not a heavy flavor in this recipe, but it is an added ingredient that puts a nice spin on the traditional sausage ball recipe (which is normally just Bisquick, cheese and sausage). I can't judge if the cream cheese addition was "worth it" because it was my first time making sausage balls and I think I overcooked them... slightly. Tiff's mom commented on their deliciousness though so I assume others enjoyed them too. Personally, I couldn't tell too much of a difference from the norm. I might have to do a side by side taste test comparison one day to see if the cream cheese twist makes the cut. 


If you'd like to try it out for yourself, you can find the recipe here at Plain Chicken.

All in all my Pinterest yummy recipe challenge #5 was a success! Hopefully these deviled eggs and sausage balls will be a success for you too.

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Kendra you are so talented. You should be a journalist. Your recipes are the best.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. We love comments and kudos!

Popular Posts