Mrs. Buck's Infamous White Pizza Dip


Apparently if I had grown up in Round Rock or attended McNeil high school, I would have no doubt, at some point in my life, eaten Mrs. Buck's infamous white pizza dip. Well I did not grow up in Round Rock nor did I attend McNeil high school, so it was not until this past New Year's Eve that I got to taste this here-say. Actually it was Elizabeth Sowards who introduced me to it at her NYE party, but as I went on raving about it that night, I realized that almost every person in the room had already had it numerous times before from Mrs. Buck. Well props to you Anne because I love pizza flavored anything and I definitely love this pizza dip.

Believe it or not the recipe actually comes from the back of a Lipton dry soup mix box, Savory Herb with Garlic to be exact. Elizabeth said the flavor is sometimes hard to find in the stores so lucky me was sent home with a box - soup mix, recipe and all.


All I needed next was an occasion to make it for... and Super Bowl it was.

This recipe is one of those that is extremely easy to make. Basically you gather the ingredients, mix them together, and then bake them in the oven. I'm pretty sure any rookie could make this dip a success. And while you may squint to read the box instructions, I'll go ahead and give you my quick run down anyway.


Ingredients:
  • 1 pack Lipton Savory Herb with Garlic soup mix
  • 16 oz. sour cream
  • 8 oz. ricotta
  • 8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1 pack pepperoni (chopped)
  • 1 loaf of Italian or French Bread (sliced)

Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Step 2: Chop pepperoni (if it's not already chopped)


Step 3: Mix all ingredients together except bread (save a little mozzarella too)


Step 4: Mix everything together, top the mixture with the extra cheese, and then put in the oven to bake for 30 minutes


Step 5: Chop bread (if it's not chopped)
 

Step 6: Feast!


Note, the recipe does not call for pizza sauce on the side, but I love pizza sauce so I thought it would be a delicious garnish. The dip is delicious enough by itself that the sauce is not really needed, but oh well.

Let me know how this turns out for you and if you add in any twists. I've only heard extremely positive reviews so far, no matter who has made it. This one will definitely remain on my list of party recipes and was the true Super Bowl winner in my eyes!

Pin It

Linking up today with:




 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. We love comments and kudos!

Popular Posts