Summer Projects... and Life

This household had been quite busy all summer, so busy I'm having a hard time featuring it all on the blog. While I do have some awesome projects to showcase soon, here's a recent life recap:


Bought my first big girl bicycle. My little brother graduated. Built some dog-proof planter box fences using reclaimed fence wood. I learned how to use a table saw, miter saw, and circular saw while doing so. Also made fun wood art for the garden from the same reclaimed wood. Added Grims to the family. Cleaning him and Mickie's double dog destruction has been a minor nightmare. However, they are sometimes melt-your-heart sweet. Devoured homemade pulled pork pizza. Watched wonderful July 4th fireworks with the family. Started remodeling our bonus room for the dogs. Now need to re-paint the kitchen. Have spent tons of time with hometown friends - showers, bachelorette party, wedding. The wedding and bachelorette party I went to were too cute and totally blog-worthy. Thought I'd be cool and dye some shorts red, but the yellow thread didn't dye (or the button, of course), and they are not cute. Started one amazing mixed media art piece, and I'm so close to done. Added several new invitations to the shop (kitsyco.com). Saw Fitz and the Tantrums at the House of Blues. Coordinated a hilarious battle of the lip-syncing bands video shoot for my firm's leadership group. And have found time to roam my favorite stores (mainly World Market) to discover inspirational finds.

Oh, and that's just life via social media :) I cannot wait to feature some of my recent projects on Pots, Pans and Paintbrushes - the planter fences, reclaimed wood art, bonus room remodel, kitchen makeover, etc.

AND I am SUPER excited to announce that my DIY floating mantel project will be featured on one of my favorite blogs, Remodelaholic, August 17th.


So, along with everything else, updating my blog has been added to my summer to-do list.

More fun coming soon!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. We love comments and kudos!

Popular Posts