PYRC #44: Avocado Egg Salad

Egg salad is new to me. I like eggs, and I like chicken salad, but for some reason I've never really had egg salad. I broke that streak with this Avocado Egg Salad from one of my favorite recipe blogs, Skinnytaste.

Pin It

I know I always say this, but this recipe is really easy to make. Boil some eggs, mix in an avocado and a dallop of mayo and/or plain yogurt, add some chives, red wine vinegar and a little salt and pepper and done. Since the avocado adds the creaminess rather than just your typical mayo, you're definitely cutting some calories.

I don't know if I've been won over by egg salad. The concept sill gets me. But for my first try, I think this was a pretty darn good recipe to go by, and it didn't even require me to get over my mayo mental block. I'm pretty confident that you egg salad lovers out there would enjoy this recipe. I totally see it making for an excellent shower side dish.

The complete recipe from Skinnytaste can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. We love comments and kudos!

Popular Posts