Quick share today - yummy peanut butter M&M bars. I made these for our recent Canton camping trip, and they were a total hit!
Only 5 ingredients!
- 2 cups all-purpose baking mix (Bisquick, for example)
- 1 bag of M&Ms (we used the peanut butter kind)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 325*F
- Mix peanut butter and eggs till smooth
- Stir in brown sugar
- Stir in baking mix until moistened
- Fold in M&Ms
- Spread mixture into 8" greased square pan
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown
More descriptive instructions here.
I didn't follow the mixing order correctly (whoops), so my preparation looked more like this.
|I thought I should dump in all of the ingredients at one time (minus the eggs).|
|That made things difficult. I couldn't make a batter out of it to save my life.|
|Adding the eggs saved me. Still, this batter was THICK (as it was supposed to be).|
|Turned out pretty in the end with some strategically placed M&Ms on top. No after baked photos :( Sorry.|
These bars are a perfect snack because they're just the right amount of sweet. Using the Bisquik and peanut butter really adds a savory bite. Needless to say, I did not come home with any peanut butter bars.
Make this easy treat yourself from Rachel Cooks' 5 Ingredient Peanut Butter M&M Bars recipe.