PYRC #15: Zesty Avocado Cilantro Buttermilk Dressing

Last week I loaded up on avocados on sale and inherently needed to make an avocado-based recipe. So after scraping my Yummy Recipes board I settled on trying Avocado Cilantro Buttermilk Dressing.


Pin It

While a Mexican-style salad would have been delicious with this, that is not what I made it for. I used it to compliment some chicken pitas stuffed with spinach, tomatoes, grilled corn, peppers, shredded cheese and onion.


The flavor was perfectly complimentary, and even though the dressing's intended smoothness and creaminess was an epic fail (my-bad on my end), the thickness actually turned out perfect for topping the pita.

And yes, you guessed it. My dressing texture didn't come out right because I flew through the directions and skipped the blender processing step. Either my hand-held stick blender sucks, or it is just not meant for pureeing cilantro, avocado and the sort. Either way, do yourself a favor, FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS, and use a real blender. (Can you believe I just said that?)

So impress your friends by serving a dinner complimented with Zesty Avocado Cilantro Buttermilk Dressing. It pairs well with bold, spicy flavors, tastes delicious and is actually pretty easy to make. You can find the recipe here at one of my favorite recipe blogs – Skinnytaste.com.

PS - This reminded me a lot of making Jalapeno Ranch. Must share that one day too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. We love comments and kudos!

Popular Posts