PYRC #14: Avocado and Grilled Corn Salad with Cilantro Vinaigrette

Simple post - avocado and grilled corn salad with cilantro vinaigrette. This was one of my early stage Pinterest recipe pins, and it has been staring me in the face ever since it landed on my board.


Pin It

I'm a salad girl, and at a glance this salad seemed/seems like something I'd typically make on my own. However, two things have kept me from taking a stab at it. 1 – I don't always have avocados in the house. 2 – There is an extra grilling prep step for the corn that totally made me reluctant. I finally put the salad on my radar though and was able to make it last week.


While the ingredients were pretty on par with what I normally use - both salad and dressing ingredients - one thing made this salad extra special: grilled corn.

 

I've used can corn before in salads, but never grilled, simply because it's the lazy way out and because corn on the cob by itself is way too yummy. Grilled corn in salad is totally worth it though if you aren't in a rush to whip something up. It trumps can corn by a thousand, and it's definitely something new for me to remember and use again.

If you'd like to make your own avocado and grilled corn salad, grab the recipe here at Authentic Suburban Gourmet.

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by. We love comments and kudos!

Popular Posts