Peanut Butter Banana S'mores a la Mode

What do you get when you cross a banana with Hershey's chocolate with marshmallows with peanut butter with vanilla ice cream with Graham crackers? You got it, a melt-in-your-mouth, too-good-for-the-tummy, gain a thousand calories, love-every-minute-of-it dessert. Inspired by a recent grilled banana s'mores pin and tempted by the leftover camping s'mores ingredients in my pantry, I turned on my inner Betty Crocker and whipped up my own spin on the classic s'mores.

Ingredients
  • Banana(s)
  • Peanut butter
  • Hershey's chocolate or chocolate chips
  • Marshmallows
  • Graham crackers (crushed)
  • Vanilla Ice cream 

Version 1

For my first effort, I made a dish that closely resembled the grilled banana s'mores I saw on Pinterest.

1. Set oven to broil
2. Set banana on an oven-safe dish (support as needed with foil)
3. Cut banana down the middle lengthwise (try to not break in half)


4. First stuff banana with peanut butter and then with chocolate chunks and marshmallows


5. Broil on the bottom oven rack until chocolate is melted and until marshmallows are "fire style"
6. Serve with scoop of ice cream and sprinkle with crushed Graham crackers


7. Get crazy and also serve with a banana bread beer


Version 2

I decided to try this dessert in a bit different way just so I could get all the ingredients in just one bite.

1. Set oven to broil
2. In a casserole dish, layer the ingredients in the following order: crushed Graham crackers, peanut butter, sliced bananas, marshmallows and chocolate chunks
3. Broil on the bottom oven rack until chocolate is melted and until marshmallows are "fire style"
4. Serve with ice cream on top of the dish and sprinkle with crushed Graham crackers


While both desserts are packed full of the same exact flavors, I prefer version 2 just because it made the dessert easier to serve and eat. And as mentioned, I really made version 2 just so I could have the perfect bite (a little of everything at once).


I must say, I'm quite proud of my concoction, especially since making desserts isn't generally my thing. In this case, fun, quick, easy and delicious for all!
Linking to:
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. We love comments and kudos!

Popular Posts