Yum! I also love vinegar soooooo this recipe was meant for me. I mean, I've already made it twice... in a month. And the word "recipe" is kind of an overstatement. This recipe is really just roasted brussels sprouts with a no frills balsamic reduction.
Oh, have I piqued your attention? Here's a breakdown:
- 1 1/2 lb brussels sprouts
- 2 T olive oil
- Kosher Salt
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese, optional
- Preheat oven to 400
- Wash brussels sprouts and slice in half
- Toss brussels sprouts in olive oil and generously season with salt and pepper
- Place on pan (I placed on a silpat mat) and roast for 30-40 minutes until golden brown and crispy
- For the balsamic reduction, heat balsamic vinegar in small sauce pan over medium heat until boiling (don't be too shy to use extra vinegar)
- Reduce heat to a simmer until balsamic vinegar is reduced to 1/4 cup (appr. 15 minutes)
- Toss brussels sprouts, balsamic reduction and optional shredded parmesan cheese in a large serving bowl
No, brussels sprouts aren't new to me, neither is roasting vegetables... or adding vinegar. Actually, that's why this recipe is perfect for me. Welcome to the top 5 PPP recipes of 2013, Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Reduction.
Find the original recipe from the blog Garnish with Lemon.