PYRC #10: Hawaiian Chicken Kabobs with Carrot and Cucumber Salad

Lucky for me, I have family members or know of friends who are knowledgeable or experienced in almost all things "handyman," including framing. My cousin's boyfriend is a framer, and since Jeff and I want to lift a beam in our living area, his experience is definitely something we need. Why am I informing you of this in a Pinterest recipe post? Because we needed him to come over to scope out the project, so in return we provided booze and dinner.

It's summertime (well maybe not officially), so it's time for summer food. Menu for the night:
  • Hawaiian chicken kabobs
  • Carrot and cucumber salad
  • Cilantro lime rice
  • Corn on the cob
Hawaiian Chicken Kabobs



Kabobs are definitely one of my favorite grillers. They're light, simple and are a good way to load up on veggies. The recipe I pulled only called for pineapple and chicken, but I thought our additions were a nice touch - red and white onion, bell pepper and bacon. The Asian style marinade really stole the show though - soy sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ground ginger and garlic powder. Perfect for summer. A+.

Click here to find the recipe from GroceryBudget101.com.

Carrot and Cucumber Salad


The salad was a great choice to pair with the kabobs considering the called-for dressing ingredients almost matched the kabob marinade. Aside from the flavors pairing well, the salad had a great crunch and was light and refreshing. Not sure if the shredded carrots and chopped cucumbers really rank at the top of my favorite salads, but I definitely want to steal the dressing recipe for an Asian slaw or salad. Jeff literally wanted to drink it :) Additionally, this recipe also allowed me to use my nifty Martha Stewart julienne peeler.


Click here to find this Cooking Light recipe from AmericanFamily.com.

And even though I'm not writing about the cilantro lime rice we cooked, since I previously shared it in my Valentine's dinner post, it too was a Pinterest recipe, from Skinnytaste. I wasn't lying when I said the rice would be a new addition to our cooking.

Dinner was definitely yummy and made for a perfect summer meal!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. We love comments and kudos!

Popular Posts