If you asked Jeff, he would describe the taste of this burger as a taco. Me? I'd just say deliciousness (ok, with some really yummy hints of Chuys quesadillas loaded with guacamole and sour cream). My burger was made of:
- Grilled ground chicken patty (could also use ground turkey) with chopped jalapenos, onions and shredded cheddar cheese
- A couple of dollops of fresh, homemade guacamole
- Dollop of sour cream
- A few sliced red onions
- Just enough spinach leaves
- One amazing onion bun from Sprouts Farmer's market
If you can swing making homemade guacamole and can snag some fresh onion buns (I initially debated simply due to the price), paired with the chicken patties, you can do no wrong.
No crazy suggestions for either of these recipes; they were pretty spot on. The worst part of cooking them for Mother's Day, though? I had to share! Luckily we were able to take home some extra guacamole and chow down on it with tortilla chips.
Where can you find these recipes to make for yourself?
- Cheddar Jalapeno Chicken Burgers with Guacamole from What’s Gaby Cooking
- The Best Damn Guacamole Ever from Southern Fairytale
These burgers have just a simple twist and are perfect for the upcoming summer cookout season.