PYRC #9: Spinach and Quinoa Salad with Grapefruit and Avocado

Another easy recipe from Skinnytaste - Spinach and Quinoa Salad with Grapefruit and Avocado. Considering that I love making salads, that Jeff and I were won over by quinoa a couple of months ago, and that I've married quinoa and salad before, this recipe was right up my alley.


Salad Ingredients:
  • Spinach
  • Quinoa
  • Grapefruit
  • Avocado
Dressing Ingredients:
  • Champagne vinegar (I used white wine)
  • Chopped shallots (I used green onion)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Grapefruit juice

There really was not too many steps to it (a reason why I love making salads). For the salad: cook the quinoa, peel and cut the grapefruit and avocado, and mix it all together. For the dressing: mix all the ingredients together and then toss it in the salad. Voila!

I don't really know how the flavor would change if you used the called-for champagne vinegar and shallots, but I already had white wine vinegar and scallions in my house, and I thought the dressing turned out just fine. I'm not even sure I pre-measured or pre-mixed it. Normally I just pour dressing ingredients directly on the salad and toss.

The end result - a refreshing, healthy, "skinny" salad that paired well with grilled chicken. Definitely recommended for a summer-type meal.

The full recipe can be found here at Skinnytaste. Enjoy!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. We love comments and kudos!

Popular Posts