PYRC #11: Pineapple Bacon BBQ Burger and Chili Garlic Parmesan Fries with Garlic Aioli

Sunday funday this past weekend was definitely a Sunday yumday. It was the perfect day to indulge in new kitchen recipes, and we had my brother and sister-in-law and their kids over to share. Considering they love food and cooking even more than I do, meals with them always call for a good time.


While this meal was not 100% "Pinterested," it was definitely Pinterest- inspired. I had a Kansas City BBQ Sauce recipe that I wanted to try, so we made pineapple bacon BBQ burgers and paired them with a side none other than parmesan fries :)

Pineapple Bacon BBQ Burger with Kansas City BBQ Sauce

 

While I don't have a burger recipe for you, I do have a Kansas City BBQ recipe that pairs perfectly with the burgers we made. It was my first time to make BBQ sauce, and it was way too easy using the recipe I had on hand. Step 1 - gather your ingredients.


Step 2 - mix all ingredients in a pot. Step 3 - simmer for 25 minutes. Done! The result? A yummy sweet and tangy Kansas City style BBQ sauce. We paired this sauce with grilled onions, grilled pineapple and bacon on top of an angus beef burger, and it was phenomenal. We make some pretty tasty burgers around this place, but those burgers were definitely some of the best. If only I would have had some Swiss cheese. I totally forgot the cheese at the store.
To make your own Kansas City style BBQ sauce, check out the recipe here from my one and only favorite, Skinnytaste.

Chili Garlic Parmesan Fries with Garlic Aioli


We have a fryer that we had never used, and I had a very early Pinterest fry recipe that I had never tried. Jeff's been craving fries, we were making burgers, so fries were up for trial, no doubt. Can I tell you that I had a minor heart attack when I went to pull up my Pinterest recipe link for garlic, parmesan and chili fries with housemade Aioli and there was no link? Yup, someone pinned a picture from Flickr, of food from a restaurant, and not from a recipe :/ Total bummer that was NOT going to bum me out. We did it anyway!

Fry Ingredients:
  • Idaho potatoes
  • Butter
  • Minced garlic
  • Shredded parmesan cheese
  • Chopped fresh parsley
  • Chili powder
  • Season All
Here's a quick rundown of how we made them. Washed and cut our potatoes (made easy with our Cuisinart food processor fry blade) and then soaked them in water.


Next cooked them in our fryer (oil at 325, 3 minutes down, 1 minute up, 4 minutes down) and cooled them on a cookie sheet lined with paper towels to soak the grease. Meanwhile, we sautéed the garlic in butter over a low heat. When the fries were "de-greased," we tossed them in a bowl with the butter and garlic, parmesan, parsley and seasonings.

Aioli Ingredients:
  • Mayo
  • Lemon juice
  • Minced garlic
  • Dijon mustard
  • Season salt
  • Ground pepper
No hard steps here, just mix everything together. I did this recipe by taste, but if you need something to follow, simply google "garlic aioli recipe," and you'll find dozens of results.

The fry and aioli combo was a true winner, and even though it didn't trump my favorite Cover 3 parmesan fries, it definitely made dinner feel just as fancy. So glad we had company over to indulge.

Sunday's meal was a stomach popper and worth every finger-licking bite... and I didn't even get to writing about the angel food shortcake that topped off the meal... I understand that making homemade fries can be a mega pain in the @$$, but if anything, do me a favor and make the burger. Yum!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. We love comments and kudos!

Popular Posts